Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year Resolutions/Found Recipes Binder

First Dinner from my found recipe binder..So here we go!
The first meal was Honey-Mustard Chicken and green beans with lime butter. All served on my new Fiestaware.
These recipes are keepers. The chicken was really moist and had a lot of flavor. The recipe is from Easy Cooking Everyday Cooking. The beans were so wonderful. When Michael was zesting the lime the smell in the kitchen was overwhelming....I thought I might lose it at that point :-)! The bean recipe was from Taste of Home Magazine. It called for green and wax beans but we are not fond of wax beans so we left them out. Next time I may add some slivers of yellow or red peppers for color. I owe this one to Michael...he had the day off so I just left the recipe with him and he did a great job!
You can see from the picture that I now am the proud owner of a full set of pink fiestaware including serving dish and bowl! My friend has been estate sale hopping and found these beauties at one of the sales!
Not much on the crafting and sewing resolutions side....I did buy fabric for Zach's quilt backing and a pattern and knit fabric for the first project in the first workbook I am tackling...Sewing 101 put out by Creative Publishing International. The first project is a t-shirt with neck ribbing...wish me luck! I have never sewn with knit fabric. If you have any hints please let me know. I did finish the jacket I started in my sewing class, it just needed to be hemmed (was hanging for about 4 weeks)...will post pic soon.
I did pick myself out of my office desk chair and spent an hour in the gym...so progress so far is on track...sort of

No comments:

Post a Comment