Friday, January 14, 2011

Flappers and Looms

Flappers, Needles, Hooks, and Looms

Recently I have been totally focused on fiber...so my needles, hooks, and looms have been dusted off and put to work. I saw this little hat in Simply Crochet. The pattern is by Kirstie Mcleod and the yarn if from Homestead Wool and Gift Farm. I haven't crocheted in years and it felt so wonderful to sit quietly and twist and turn away. As I worked on this hat I started thinking about the women of the 1920s and decided that would be my new research project. I have bought several books on the subject and plan on doing my next projects in patterns of the 20s. I told my husband that we have to watch lots of gangster movies now...he loved that! My next project will be a little finger purse done on a tiny tiny hook...yikes better get that done before my eye sight gets any worse!
This shawl was made on a round loom. For this I used Lion Brand Jiff and Lion Brand Microspun.


Lots of birthdays the next couple of months so my personal projects will have to be put on hold until gifts are made. I love giving handmade gifts. It's how I tell those I care about that they are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment