Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Change In the Discussion

I have decided after much reflection to change the direction of my blog. In the next two weeks or so, I am gonna archive my old posts and revamp the look of the site to start anew. When I come to my blog it makes me feel uncomfortable, and I could not understand why.
My blog is not a true reflection of my journey. It had become a place where I compare myself to others. and would fall short every time. The reason is that is that the path I was following is not truly how I see art, so I was not following my path, but the path of others. I know and have studied values, etc. I know all about how things should flow, and have meaning. I know that these things are important to others. When I stray from how I feel I just don't create from inside of me. For me, art is just an expression of oneself. It is subjective to the beholder. It is what I see in my mind as a watch a piece of paper float across the street, or look up to see the sun shining thro the tree. To analyze art too much, too apply too much theory, just isn't my cup of tea. Art is what it is, an expression of oneself. Even the sloppiest of work I believe is the expression. Think about the person who would slap something together, just to say the created something. Even that person is reaching out to say they exist. Art to me is both in the body and mind, and takes different shapes. I have a girlfriend that says she has no talent and yet she goes to the kitchen and creates the most wonderful dishes for all to share. My husband has a wonder singing voice, but he will never notice the way the living room flows....or the color of things. It just is. I am in know why saying what is right or wrong. I am just saying art is what it is, it is subjective and it is personal.
So this a blog about my journey. It will be a place for me to write down my path to reaching my final goals in life. I don't mean that to sound morbid. I am NOT that old yet. But the truth is, these will probably be my last goals in life. In 20 years I will be 75, at that point, as my body and mind will probably not have the energy to set another goal, I want to be in a place that I can say, this is Okay.
My final goals are private, and they will only be discussed in the perspective of growth in mind, body, spirit, and art (and as I said before, art to me is all in compassing). I hope you will stay with me on this journey and add your insights. I guess what I am opening this blog up to, is a discussion of the journey that art is, a place to show what has been created and tell what led us to that place. What compelled us to create that piece. I watched a, what I know is a chick flick last night called August Rush, but the movie got me to thinking that I want my blog to be a place where the journey to art can be discussed, as well as a journey thru life to be the best we have in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment